Files are the qualitative and meaningful representation of data. Files can be text files, document files, audio files, graphical files, video files, application files etc. Files are organized in the hierarchical manner on computers hard drive by the file system. The file systems supported in Windows are FAT file system (File Allocation Table) and NTFS file system (New Technology File System). NTFS file system is advanced then FAT file system and widely used nowadays. The file systems supported in Mac OS are HFS+ file system (Hierarchical File System) and HFSX (Hierarchical File System and eXtension). Have you ever deleted a file accidentally from your laptop working with Mac OS and wished you hadn’t? If you have deleted your file, using standard Mac delete function then you can recover it back from Trash. However, if you have deleted file using Shift+ Del key combination or from Command Prompt then how you can recover deleted files from laptop as file bypasses the Trash. There are many utilities, which are available in the market that can help you to recover deleted file from your laptop. One among the best is “Remo Recover (Mac) Basic Edition”.
Few important scenarios in which your files can be deleted from Mac laptop are discussed below.
- If you have accidentally emptied the Trash then you will lose hours of work in the form of file loss.
- If you have deleted the file form the command prompt or deleted it using Shift+ Del key combination, then you will lose it. No chance of recovering from Trash as the files bypasses the Trash.
- Sometimes because of viruses and malwares, few files may get deleted or you might have deleted the original file instead of the duplicate file produced by the viruses.
- If you have accidentally formatted or deleted partition, using the “Delete” option in Disk Utility, all the files will be erased.
- Improper shut down or because of power sludge, few files might get deleted from computer’s hard drive.
- If you are using external hard drive like memory card, pens drive etc to transfer files in-between your laptop and external drive. If you interrupt the transfer process in between, then there is a possibility that you will end up with file loss.
When particular file is deleted from the Mac hard drive, the pointer pointing to the hard drive is deleted not the actual data. The actual data still resides on the laptop’s hard drive until it is overwritten. Therefore, after deletion of files if you want to recover it back then do not add any new data to the hard disk drive and use best data recovery software to recover deleted files.
Remo Recover (Mac) Basic Edition provides simple and user friendly approach to recover deleted files from laptop. Files deleted from FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5, and ExtFAT partitions can also be recovered. The demo version of this software is available free. The recovered files or folders can be compressed in zip archives to save the system space. You can use “Save Recovery Session” option to save the scanning time of the drive, so you do not have to rescan the drive ones again when you buy the licensed version to save the recovered files.